City Bible Church is an interdenominational, Bible-believing church.
We are here to serve the community, provide Biblical instruction, spiritual help, encouragement and to provide a fellowship where all are welcome regardless of where you may be on your spiritual journey.
We are not affiliated with any denomination and therefore offer a unique opportunity where persons from all evangelical divisions of the Church can fellowship and serve happily together.
Ken Leffler – Pastor
Pastor Ken brings a wealth of biblical, business and life experience to City Bible. He is married to Lou-Cinda and they have 4 children and 9 grandchildren. They were both born and raised in Sault Ste. Marie, but have lived in Blind River for the past 12 years.
Pastor Ken has pastored for several years as interim clergy for various churches, including First Baptist, SSM, Bethany Baptist, SSM, Faith Baptist, Echo Bay, Immanuel Baptist Church, Blind River, and Spragge Bible Church.
Besides his background as a Realtor and licensed residential appraiser, he has taken courses through the Heritage Theological Seminary on Early church history, Developing small group ministry, and Counselling. He has also participated in an intensive seminar through the Billy Graham School of Evangelism in Asheville, NC.
He loves to preach on the heroes of faith, such as Rehab, Ruth, Jacob, Joshua, Peter, Mark, etc. He says that “When one digs into a passage it is very interesting to see God’s grace at work time and time again.”
In his free time, he enjoys a round of golf or a day out boating.
- in the verbal inspiration and final authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures in faith, doctrine, and life.
- in one God, eternally existing in three equal persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- in the personality and deity of Jesus Christ who is true God and true man.
- in Jesus Christ’s virgin birth, substitutionary death for sin, bodily resurrection, ascension and return.
- in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit.
- in the total depravity of mankind.
- in the necessity of believing through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ in whom we have redemption through His blood.
- in the personality and reality of Satan.
- in the eternal life of the saved, and in the eternal conscious torment of the lost.
- in the life of daily Christian victory through faith in, and obedience to Jesus Christ, under the Holy Spirit.
- in the Church’s (the body of believers) sole business as: shedding light of the Gospel continuously in all the world, shunning worldly alliances, and looking for her Lord’s return.